Sunday, October 19, 2008

When the World Series calls ...

... accept the charges. (Note: For those of you new to this blog, welcome. Please allow me to hi-jack George's outstanding work during the bye week to discuss a non-ND sports story).


As loyal readers of this blog should know, Philadelphia sports have a long history of losing. Longer than many of our lifetimes. I won't belabor this point, but just add 5 years to the ND football drought, and then act (ignoring women's hoops and soccer) like men's basketball, men's soccer, and women's volleyball are followed as closely (no offense, Olympic sports fans).

Immediately following ND alum Brad Lidge's fifth save of the postseason, my brother (ND '02 and current Philly resident) started texting me about getting tickets. I was intrigued, but went back to normal life. On Saturday, I get a text: my brother is at a wedding and listening to two of his buddies tell stories of World Series games they attended. His message: "We need to do this." Without giving time to second-guess myself, I channel Eric Gast and book a $294 flight Friday night DFW to PHL.

Stubhub says tickets are pushing $500, minimum. Due to an incredible serendipitous scheduling with a Monday off for Bishop Dunne homecoming and the World Series schedule, I will be in Philly for all 3 home games. I will let you know how the view from the Broad Street bars is.

Go Phils!
Why Can't Us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home